Today Operator Chmury Krajowej (OChK) announced the conclusion of a strategic partnership with the global technology partner - Google. The purpose for this cooperation is to help Polish companies implement and use in business the potential offered by advanced cloud computing technologies. Google Cloud Platform products will be included in the offer of Operator Chmury Krajowej, and Google will open the so-called Google Cloud region in Warsaw - a technical and software infrastructure hub dedicated to clients from Poland and the region of Central and Eastern Europe.
- The partnership between OChK and Google is another important step on the path that we set out less than a year ago by announcing the establishment of Operator Chmury Krajowej. Our aim remains unchanged - the digitization of the Polish economy and the acceleration of its growth. Now Polish companies will gain additional, sophisticated tools for its implementation. Thanks to them, they increase their chances of being promoted to the world league, which we all care about. Chmura Krajowa is an excellent platform for effective cooperation of enterprises, technology providers and business solution owners. The fact that Google is joining them today significantly strengthens our joint project .
- said Zbigniew Jagiełło, President of PKO Bank Polski
- The Polish Development Fund is interested in investment projects that support the development of modern industries and enterprises. The investment in Operator Chmury Krajowej activity fits perfectly into the PFR strategy as an important element of the country's digitization. OChK will provide entrepreneurs with modern and affordable solutions based on cloud architecture. We are pleased that Operator Chmury Krajowej, of which we are a shareholder, has acquired a partner - a global leader in this technology - for cooperation. This cooperation confirms that Operator Chmury Krajowej will be able to provide the highest quality of services and its clients will have access to the latest global technologies. I am convinced that this cooperation will also positively affect the development of the Polish IT market and attract the best specialists .
- said Paweł Borys, President of the Polish Development Fund
- The inclusion of Google Cloud services in Chmura Krajowa offer will enable Polish entrepreneurs to use exactly the same advanced technologies used by their global competitors. However, thanks to us, they will remain in Polish jurisdiction and under the control of local regulators. Our partnership will also significantly accelerate the processes of digital transformation. We will help Polish companies to effectively build innovative products and competitive advantages using the most technologically advanced solutions. We will also be ready for megatrends, such as Internet of Things (IoT), which repeatedly increase the demand for computing power necessary to process huge data sets .
– said Michał Potoczek, President of the Board of Operator Chmury Krajowej
- The conclusion of a strategic partnership with Operator Chmury Krajowej and the opening of a new Google Cloud region in Warsaw are the next steps we take to implement our commitment to supporting the Polish digital economy and the development of Polish companies on an international scale .
- emphasized Thomas Kurian, President of Google Cloud
PKO Bank Polski is the undisputable leader of the Polish banking sector. In second quater 2019, its consolidated net profit amounted to PLN 1,22 bilion (the largest in the Polish banking sector) and the value of assets reached over PLN 329 billion. The Bank is the basic provider of financial services for all customer segments, achieving the highest shares in the deposit market (18.4 percent), loans (17.6 percent), leasing market (11.2 percent) and in the market of investment funds not dedicated (22.2 percent). With over 9.08 million payment cards, the bank is the largest debit and credit card issuer in Poland with a market share of over 21%. Thanks to the development of digital tools, including the IKO application, which has in in the first half of 2019 - 3.6 million active applications, PKO Bank Polski has become the most mobile bank in Poland. The Capital Group's companies strengthen the Bank's strong position. The Brokerage House of PKO Bank Polski is a leader in terms of the number and value of IPO and SPO transactions on the capital market. The effective implementation of the growth strategy meant that at PKO Bank Polski is the most valuable company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.