On 14 April, Google officially launched the Google Cloud Warsaw region. It is the first computing infrastructure of the global public cloud provider in Central and Eastern Europe. It was created as a result of the strategic partnership between Google and The National Cloud Provider. One and a half year since the announcement of this agreement, every Polish company and institution can take advantage of the latest global cloud solutions available in the Google Cloud region located in Poland.
– Thanks to Google's biggest investment in Poland so far, our country has joined the first league of the digital world. It gives Polish companies access to the world's best cloud computing technology - the same to which companies in the US, Singapore, Japan or Switzerland have access. More and more Polish entrepreneurs are interested in the development, digitalization of processes. This applies to many areas: production, trade, related markets, etc. This makes me very happy. I trust that these development activities make sense, that it is worth investing in digitization. This is the future for the economy. Not only does it increase efficiency in companies, but it also makes our lives better.
- said Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki during a video conversation with Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet
- This is another milestone in Poland's digital history. Thanks to cloud solutions, domestic enterprises are agilely introducing innovations, adapting products and services to the rapidly changing market expectations. The National Cloud is the most specialised provider of cloud computing solutions in Poland today. Its goal from the very beginning is to accelerate digital transformation of Polish enterprises and public institutions. By entering into and implementing such partnerships as the agreement with Google, we are getting closer to this goal.
- said Zbigniew Jagiełło, President of PKO Bank Polski, co-owner of The National Cloud.
- The Cloud is a technology, a set of components from which you need to be able to build business solutions. We are here to support companies and public institutions on their path to the cloud, because it is a complex process and requires a systematic approach. We have a diversified portfolio of cloud services, available in a multi-cloud format. We also provide consultancy: we facilitate the transformation process by helping to effectively build business value using cloud solutions. Today, The National Cloud is a mature company with a team of over 150 most experienced cloud experts in Poland. We support customers at every stage of the transformation, from building a plan to its effective implementation.
- said Michał Potoczek, President of The National Cloud
- Polish companies from every industry, as well as companies in neighbouring CEE countries, now have access to the full computing power provided by our global network. We are proud to have worked with businesses and government institutions during the pandemic to help them adapt to this new reality through our cloud. In Poland, we proudly support companies in every industry, from retail and banking to manufacturing and the public sector.
- says Magdalena Dziewguć, Business Director of Google Cloud in Poland
PKO Bank Polski is the undisputed leader of the Polish banking sector. According to preliminary data, at the end of 2020 its consolidated net profit amounted to PLN 2.65 billion and the value of its assets amounted to PLN 382 billion. The Bank is the primary provider of financial services to all customer segments, achieving the highest market shares in savings (18.4%), loans (17.6%), leasing (11.2%) and personal investment funds (22.2%). With over 9.51 million payment cards, the bank is the largest issuer of debit and credit cards in Poland. Thanks to the development of digital tools, including the IKO application, which had over 5 million active applications at the end of 2020, PKO Bank Polski is the most mobile bank in Poland. The strong position of the Bank is further strengthened by the companies of the Capital Group. Dom Maklerski PKO Bank Polski is a leader in terms of the number and value of IPO and SPO transactions on the capital market.